Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It's an Expat Thing

OK so the BBC website has a new section - entitled 'also in the news' - and I have to say this is very exciting for me. But no one seems to get this other than my fellow biker Nick, who I must point out is also an expat.

We both use the BBC website as a way to keep in touch with what is happening back at home, and for me it is a relatively unbiased way of keeping up to date with what is happening in America.

But this new section has all those funny stories, like the gay flamigos that have adopted a baby flamingo or the guy who has volunteered to donate his head (after he dies) to be turned into a shrunken head to replace those that the Pitt Rivers Museum (in Oxford) may have to return to their native countries.

I would recommend simply visiting the page in all honesty, it has been keeping me entertained no end since it started.

Quite simply though I think my level of excitement and entertainment is going to occur in anyone else. It is the result of being an expat, I just don't expect anyone else to get it (mostly cos no one else has so far!).

2 comments:

Linus said...

It may not be just an expat thing - I used to skim the BBC sites for just this type of story when I was hurting for blog material. Of course, now that the Black Vatican is so busy, I am rarely at a loss anymore, but thanks for the reminder.
:)

Tessa K. said...

this is awesome - i read the bbc news daily, but i will have to start to check these out too - maybe it is an expat and anglophile thing =)