Saturday, January 19, 2008

The BBC

As I am sure I have mentioned before I love to check out the BBC news website, not only for the days events but for the more random stories that my attention is often drawn to (for true randomness check out the also in the news section).

Today my eye has been caught, and my heart and imagination captured, by the stories of two men, seperated by hundreds of years. One a medieval knight and the other a WW2 veteran. Both are heroes in their own right, and both have inspired awe and respect in their contemporaries as well as those of us who follow on in time and would love to follow in their footsteps.

Whilst it is important to acknowledge the heroes of our current age, it is also important to remember these by gone heroes for inspiration and to remind ourselves how times have changed.

Which is your hero? Whilst I do favour one above the other I will admit (can you guess who?) my mum kicks both their asses in the hero stakes. Sorry guys.

Procrastinating student over and out

No comments: