Saturday, June 30, 2007

Update

So a brief explination as to the radio silence that has been in place for the best part of a month; everything that I have been mentioning looking forward to for the summer has either happened or is beginning to happen :-D

My parents came out to Laramie and visited me which was awesome. I think dad found it rather hard to adjust to just how different america is to england; the people, the attitudes, and most of all the wasteful portion sizes and poor mum had to deal with dad and I being at loggerheads as he chose to take his confusion out on us and I refused to simply ignore it.

Otherwise it was a pretty awesome three weeks - we travelled up to Yellowstone and Teton National Parks for around 6 days and had an amazing time, we hiked some serious milage and saw a fair amount of wildlife for our efforts. But for me the highlight of the trip was the horse trekking up into the Shoshone National Forest that we did from our cabin complex, of course I ended up with the willful and stubborn horse - but it was great fun nonetheless, if a little scary when my horse kept biting the cowboy's horse in front, and he informed me he was stopping his horse from kicking in retaliation!

And of course it was my birthday - which my friends and family celebrated with me and made it by far and away the best birthday have had in a while. Thanks guys :-D expecially for such wonderful presents

Then finally, what has really been the best part of the summer so far as far as I am concerned; I came back to England and have gotten to see my long haired english boy, after what has seemed an eternity of waiting. and it was worth the wait :-D. I am so glad to be back home- i have missed england i must confess, but I cant help but wonder if i would have missed it quite so badly if I hadn't had someone so important to me to miss. It was a lovely first day back, even with me being pretty dappy with jetlag, and I got yet more wonderful birthday presents (well wrapped up as well - impressed much!) and we just spent the laziest day on the planet catching up - perfect.

Well in my jetlagged induced state I am writing this at 6am local time, I think I shal go back to bed now and snuggle next to my warm and much missed boy, I think my posting shall remain intermittent for a while - but I am sure you understand.

Nnight

5 comments:

Flynn said...

Good to hear your parents enjoyed the trip, even if we were a little off the wall ;)

Glad you made it back ok love, now enjoy your vacation!

Later :)

Linus said...

Enjoy yourself, rest up, and take pictures!

Squid said...

Lots and lots of pictures!!

MightyMightyMax said...

Welcome home! Can I say that when I'm on a different continent?

I'm glad you made it ok; I heard there were some troubles in London.

miss kt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.