Thursday, June 7, 2007

Spring in Wyoming

We yet again are having the phenomena known as snow in the spring/summer that seems to happen in places like Laramie - oh joy. And to think my parents couldn't quite believe that they would need to bring winter clothes as well as summer clothing for their June holiday!

Ah well, that's the way things are - no point dwelling on the negative when there is so much positive.

Firstly, my parents arrive on Saturday for a three week stay!

Secondly, that is that the day that Squid gets back :-D

Thirdly, that means three weeks till I go home as of Saturday, and whilst I will miss my Laramie friends, there is too much planned for the summer not to be completely hyper excited!

and finally; I got the first draft of my proposal back, and whilst it was covered in a sea of corrections I am at least going in the right direction and have been told I have made a good start.

all in all, apart from the weather, it hasn't been a bad week!

2 comments:

Linus said...

When it snows in June around here, you should ask yourself, "Is this a really late snow, or a really early snow?"

The people and the university here are great - if only we could make Laramie about 3000 feet lower in elevation...

Tessa K. said...

and by the ocean... i would really line to not have to drive for two days to get to the ocean...
yay for good weeks... i am so excited to be back in laramie =)